Interim Director of Music/Organist - Mulberry Street UMC, Macon
Mulberry Street UMC is seeking a part-time interim Director of Music/Organist while we conduct a search for a candidate to fill this position permanently.
- Education in organ performance, choral conducting, and/or sacred music.
- 3-5 years of experience as a church organist
- Excellent communication skills and experience with on-line worship
- Experience in worship planning with knowledge of liturgy and church seasons
- Demonstrated creativity in adapting to challenges related to current pandemic
- Select choral music appropriate for sermon topic, scripture and the church season for recorded and in person worship each week.
- Assist in developing order of worship and liturgy for each service.
- Schedule singers and instrumentalists and rehearse with them immediately prior to recording session-usually Wednesday afternoon each week.
- Rehearse with singers and instrumentalists before 11 am worship on Sunday morning.
- Play organ and piano for 11 am worship, recorded worship, and special services.
- Submit information for order of worship by publishing deadline each week.
- Attend weekly staff meeting in person or on line
- Plan for appropriate choral and/or instrumental music for special services.
- Compensation: Based on experience, number of services and rehearsals each week.
- Please note: It may be possible for this to be two part time positions filled by a part-time organist and part time Director of Music