Director of Children's Ministry
Seeking Director of Children's Ministries at Hawkinsville First United Methodist Church in Hawkinsville, Georgia. The Director of Children's Ministries is a part-time job that averages 20 hours per week. Hawkinsville FUMC is seeking an energetic and passionate candidate who works well with children and is called to build disciples for Christ. Our goal for this position is to find a candidate who can continue to grow upon the strong base established by previous Children's Directors and who can work with the Pastor, the Youth Leader, and the Family Ministries chairperson to create a unified ministry for families of all ages and sizes. We are open to entry-level applicants who are teachable in spirit.
Major responsibilities include:
* Ability to build supportive relationships with children and their parents
* Be able to organize a weekly after school program every Wednesday afternoon during the school year.
* Planning and execution of other events related to the Children's Ministry that take place throughout the week.
* Be able to manage and coordinate with a dedicated group of volunteers.
* Preparing and coordinating programs with other church staff such as Vacation Bible School, Summer Camps, working with the Family Ministries chairperson, and assisting as needed in the Confirmation process.
* Maintaining consistent communication with children, parents, volunteers, and church staff.
* Attend church council meetings to report on Children's Ministries.
* Attend other church functions hosted by Hawkinsville FUMC.
* Depending on the gifts and abilities of the applicant, other responsibilities and added compensation may be available.
* Coordinating volunteers for children's Sunday School class.
Requirements for the job:
* Must pass a satisfactory background check
* Must participate in Safe Sanctuaries Training
* Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver's license.
Proposed Starting Date: August 2019
Contact: Nancy Pritchett
Address: 45 Merritt St., Hawkinsville, GA 31036
Phone: (478) 783-1856
Alternate Contact: Gregg Vickers
Phone: (478) 230-1657
The Society of St. Andrew (SoSA), a non-profit hunger relief ministry and Advance Special of the UMC, seeks a Program Coordinator for the Georgia regional office, located in Macon, GA. The Program Coordinator's primary job responsibility is to maintain, coordinate, and extend the SoSA Gleaning Network in Georgia. This position is available immediately. Starting salary is $35,568. Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Program: Establish, oversee and grow the SoSA Gleaning Network in GA, ...
Statesboro First United Methodist Church, in Statesboro, Georgia, is seeking a unique and called person to serve as Organist and Minister of Music. We seek a mature, growing Christian who serves out of a solid faith in Jesus Christ. This person will work within a team atmosphere and be responsible for congregational and choral music at two weekly Traditional services, seasonal worship services, to continue attracting and engaging the University vocalists who participate in the choir. A degree in...
Mulberry Street UMC is seeking a part-time interim Director of Music/Organist while we conduct a search for a candidate to fill this position permanently. Qualifications: Education in organ performance, choral conducting, and/or sacred music. 3-5 years of experience as a church organist Excellent communication skills and experience with on-line worship Experience in worship planning with knowledge of liturgy and church seasons Demonstrated creativity in adapting to challenges related to current...
Crossroads Director of Children’s Ministries Job Description Purpose Bringing up children in the Christian faith is an awesome responsibility and vital ministry at Crossroads. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator develops and oversees an effective children’s ministry for children age infant through completion of fifth grade to help children explore, connect, grow and live out the Christian faith. This position also works to provide an outreach to the children of the Perry Area Community. ...
Thomasville (GA) First United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Director of Student Ministries. This position leads weekly youth programming throughout the year that includes fellowship, discipleship, and mission opportunities and should also include extensive summer programming. This person builds relationships with students in a way that models Christian discipleship and wisely uses the resources of the church, including volunteers, other staff members, and funding. The focus is to...
Vineville UMC in Macon, GA has an opening for a Church Administrator. This position requires financial skills, the ability to manage administrative staff, as well as the ability to oversee our physical plant. The nature of the work requires that the Administrator be detailed oriented, customer service minded, and a team player. The Administrator reports to the Senior Pastor. This is a full time position with benefits. Questions and resumes can be emailed to email@example.com.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to work with the Senior Pastor, staff, and ministry lay leader(s) in providing leadership, building Christian Relationships, planning, developing, implementing and managing a dynamic ministry to children 2 years old through 6th grade. CHARACTER The incumbent must live out high standards in areas of personal relationships, commitment to Christ, and responsible Christian living in the church and community and must view ...