Director of Children's Ministry
Seeking Director of Children's Ministries at Hawkinsville First United Methodist Church in Hawkinsville, Georgia. The Director of Children's Ministries is a part-time job that averages 20 hours per week. Hawkinsville FUMC is seeking an energetic and passionate candidate who works well with children and is called to build disciples for Christ. Our goal for this position is to find a candidate who can continue to grow upon the strong base established by previous Children's Directors and who can work with the Pastor, the Youth Leader, and the Family Ministries chairperson to create a unified ministry for families of all ages and sizes. We are open to entry-level applicants who are teachable in spirit.
Major responsibilities include:
* Ability to build supportive relationships with children and their parents
* Be able to organize a weekly after school program every Wednesday afternoon during the school year.
* Planning and execution of other events related to the Children's Ministry that take place throughout the week.
* Be able to manage and coordinate with a dedicated group of volunteers.
* Preparing and coordinating programs with other church staff such as Vacation Bible School, Summer Camps, working with the Family Ministries chairperson, and assisting as needed in the Confirmation process.
* Maintaining consistent communication with children, parents, volunteers, and church staff.
* Attend church council meetings to report on Children's Ministries.
* Attend other church functions hosted by Hawkinsville FUMC.
* Depending on the gifts and abilities of the applicant, other responsibilities and added compensation may be available.
* Coordinating volunteers for children's Sunday School class.
Requirements for the job:
* Must pass a satisfactory background check
* Must participate in Safe Sanctuaries Training
* Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver's license.
Proposed Starting Date: August 2019
Contact: Nancy Pritchett
Address: 45 Merritt St., Hawkinsville, GA 31036
Phone: (478) 783-1856
Alternate Contact: Gregg Vickers
Phone: (478) 230-1657
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to work with the Senior Pastor, staff, and ministry lay leader(s) in providing leadership, building Christian Relationships, planning, developing, implementing and managing a dynamic ministry to children 2 years old through 6th grade. CHARACTER The incumbent must live out high standards in areas of personal relationships, commitment to Christ, and responsible Christian living in the church and community and must view ...
Tifton First United Methodist Church (TFUMC) in Tifton, Georgia (www.tiftonfumc.org) is looking for a full-time Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. We are looking for an individual who is a solid role model and spiritual director with an energetic and creative spirit to lead these program ministries. The Director will work with other staff under the direction of the Senior Pastor, the Staff Parish Relations committee and the Youth Leadership Team to develop overall youth and young ...
Americus First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Pre-school Director to oversee the pre-school program, teachers and maintain the requirements of the State of Georgia. We are seeking a Director with strong faith and initiative to lead this faith based ministry. There are educational requirements and compensation will depend on credentials. Please contact us via information listed below and set up an interview and to receive application to submit.
Director of Programs and Ministries: We are looking for a mature individual with excellent work ethic who will work with volunteers and paid staff to guide Youth, Children, Student ministries and Small group development. This person needs to have very good relational skills and a willingness to work with existing programs and ministries as well as develop new ministries. Building relationships and developing leadership is a large part of our need for an individual to come share in our ministry. ...
Your role is to develop and provide spiritual, relational, organizational, and administrative leadership, oversee, and work with the Christian Education Program for Youth, which includes the weekly Sunday School program for youth, Wednesday afternoon activities, and other special programming such as Vacation Bible School, Christmas programs, and other special events that may occur. The Youth Ministry Director shall seek to foster a strong education program through building relationships with ...
Bainbridge First United Methodist Church in Bainbridge, Georgia is currently seeking a Contemporary Worship Leader. This is a part-time position that will average around 15 hours per week, with compensation commensurate with experience. The Contemporary Worship Leader will be responsible for leading and coordinating our 9:00 am Contemporary Worship Service. Duties include, but are not limited to, planning, coordinating, and leading weekly Contemporary Worship Service; recruiting and leading the ...
Bainbridge (GA) First United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries, who will be responsible for developing and implementing programs specifically directed for those in grades sixth through twelve. The program will be designed to maintain the interest of those involved, to facilitate spiritual growth, and to lead all who participate to a deeper faith relationship with Jesus. Criteria: The successful candidate will: • Be a committed Christian who feels called to...